News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

AC wont run off generator

Started by rowdiebryan, March 22, 2008, 09:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowdiebryan

When our little 77 is plugged into shore power the Ac works fine, but when we try and run it off the generator it doesnt work at all.  Help.  I also have two mroe questions.

1. is there any place I can get a manuel on this ?

2. Fuel gauge stays on empty.???

mccammonds

I had the same problem when I first started using my rig.
Then I found out that you had to plug the power cord into the plug in from the generator,  mine was under the seat.

It might work!!!!!
Yow!  I know.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

rowdiebryan

I couldnt find a place any where, under what seat? HELP..

mccammonds

My plug in for the generator is under my kitchen table seat.   It is about a foot in from the door you take the electric cable out of when you lug into shore power.   You might try to find an AC out let on your generator and plug you rcoach electrical cord in to that plug in.  Keep us posted.
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

rowdiebryan

Okay, do I need to take the seat and all off?  I will go and look.  I am having a few problems.  Like the ac, I also cant get the fridge to work.  I was told it did, but I was so excited about the clipper I forgot to check it.  I am so lost  Those on top of my quest for tires and wheels.  I want to put some chrome dodge wheels on it, but all I can find are 16"  Can I run those and keep everything correct?

mccammonds

Yes,  I took the seat out.  There are two brackets at the front of the seat to take the screws out of.  Then the seat just pulls out in a forward direction.

Now the AC.   Does it work on Shore power?
My Frig doesn't work on AC  so I have to use propane.  I can live with that.  But read some old messages about refrig. and some one posted a web site to go to to get the wiring diagram.  I have a heating filament bad in mine but I'll live with that.

I also have a circuit breaker at the end of my shore power line the has two circuit breakers in it.  Mine is in the closet behind the kitchen seat. You might have one of them.
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

tomfridley

rowdiebrian-the cord you plug into an outside electrical source like at a campground or home can be located through a locked access door on the drivers side of the coach.
just inside the access door is a matching electrical socket. plug the cord into the socket to complete the circuit to the generator when you use it, and when you want to plug into the campground, remove the cord and plug it into the 110 volt outlet.
there are a number of different plug pin configurations for shore power with adaptor plugs available through many rv or building supply stores.
as far as wheels go, i still use the 16.5 stock wheels and use remington "e"rated tires on it.
i have installed a set of stainless steel dually liners that are held on by the lug nuts  and available at many parts houses and wheel dealers. they can be found online at many sites including ebay.
my wife says this the best money spent so far as making the clipper really stand out!