News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New owner

Started by Big Mac, March 14, 2008, 06:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

I want to say hi to everyone.  I just got a 1977 Clipper a few days ago.  I live in Kokomo, IN.

Do I have to use leaded fuel?  No such thing anymore, but they sell an additive.  I saw a sticker inside that said leaded fuel only.

mccammonds

We took a 6000+ mile trip last fall and just returned from the winter in the desert and we had a 2500+ trip there.   We used the cheapest fuel we could find.   Some times even a good blend of ethonol.  Ours is a 360ci  in our 1975 Clipper.   We got about 8 to 9 miles per gallon on both trips.   You might consider a good 1975 tune up before traveling too much.   Set the timeing right using your vacumn gauge.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

JerryT

Big Mac
I live in Kalamazoo Michigan just north of you. I don't think there are many Clippers east of the Mississippi. If you take it out this summer let me know, maybe we can meet up somewhere. I have a 78 rear kit with a few upgrades and too many new parts :D
JerryT

Big Mac

Sounds good to me Jerry T.

JerryT

BigMac
My engine guru says the 70's Dodges already have hardened valve seats so running unleaded is no problem, I guess the lead was used as a lubricant for the combustion chamber.
JerryT