News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Dont say I didnt warn you!

Started by Cenote, October 14, 2007, 03:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cenote

So, after much waiting for this lovely weekend, Friday night we headed off to the ACOC rally!

We left Seattle around 8 or 9 and arrived at Ape caves pretty late. 

Come am we did a quick spelunk and headed off through GPNF, past curly creek falls, through some incredible scenery with colors changing and a beautiful sunny sky overhead.

Headed to Welches and we threw the pwrstrng belt!
No worries, grabbed the spare and a 9/16ths and back on the road in under an hour.

Arrive at Mt Hood Village RV and...

SAW 2 CLIPPERS AND A CLIP TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!! ???   LAMEEEEEEE!

Yes folks one was being parked by a dog and the other had a little old lady in it.  But she wouldnt even come out and say hello! We waved and such, she just kept staring out the window at us. 
Trailer was cool.

I should have expected as such. 
I have tried to contact anyone at ACOC for months and have never gotten a response.  Nothing.

Thank god I never sent them any money. 
*********.  Nobody posts in that forum anyway.

poop

Mac

I'm starting to get the idea that there isn't too much activity with the club.  I have been trying to find local club members but to no avail. 

My next question would be to the leadership of the ACOC and that is what value do we get for our membership dues aside from ordering some parts for the RV itself? ???

Perhaps your insight will prove to be invaluable information, indeed. 

reload

Hello,

Even though not in the club, and I was not planning to go.
I am disappointed instead of finding some cool pics I see this post  :( 
I was thinking about a parts order: decals and window parts for
my '79 bunkhouse. But I do not want to toss my money into the wind.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Cheers

Mac

I'm pretty sure that there would not be an issue ordering/getting the parts, but having to spend $20 for the privilege of ordering parts kind of makes me want to keep searching for suitable substitute parts.  Again, my question is, what are we getting for our membership fee aside from a newsletter every two months?

75clipper

I feel the same way, something is not right here, I think we need some help

jc

Shayne

Not sure what you guys want to hear.  The main officers of the club rarely check the message board for information.  They have contact info in the newsletter and the membership roster.  The address for the membership officer is on the membership form.  If you have a specific question, let me know and I'll find out or pass it along to someone who can answer it.

It doesn't surprise me that there was a low turnout in Oregon.  it seems the most active members and the highest concentration of Clippers is still here in the Bay Area. They were made here, this shouldn't really be a shock to anyone.  Oregon is a long ways for most of us to go for a weekend. It has been suggested many times that we try to do rallies outside of the general "Bay Area" and well, it seems that maybe that didn't work out so well.

I'm afraid the American Clippers are simply becoming victims of age.  I've seen some pretty rough ones and at some point people just throw in the towel.  I'm not sure what the actual membership is currently, but every year it's a few less than before.

I'm still keeping the website running, though I won't say maintained it because I will be the first to admit I don't give it the attention it needs and deserves.  I sold my Clipper well over 2 years ago.  While I still miss my Clipper, and still hold some interest, to say my heart is still in it would be an overstatement.  I do it because it needs to be done and so far I'm the one willing to at least keep it running.  My apologies for not staying right on top of everything. If another member would like to volunteer to help maintain the site, please let me know.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

Mac

Quote from: Shayne on October 25, 2007, 08:37:12 PM
Not sure what you guys want to hear.  The main officers of the club rarely check the message board for information. 

I find something very wrong with that.  If the club leadership is going to sponsor and collect money for a club sanctioned rally then they need to be there.  No excuses.  I also find it very disconcerting that the leadership would not want to know what's going on in the minds of the membership.  Are you telling me that the only thing the leadership is capable of outside the bay area is collecting dues and registration fees and that's it?  If that's the case then they'll never get dues from me and I'll find my parts elsewhere

Quote from: Shayne on October 25, 2007, 08:37:12 PMI'm afraid the American Clippers are simply becoming victims of age.  I've seen some pretty rough ones and at some point people just throw in the towel.  I'm not sure what the actual membership is currently, but every year it's a few less than before.

Again, this falls upon the leadership to address and if they don't check their own message board then they need to be relieved of their duties.  If membership is failing that also needs to be addressed and find ways to motivate people like reload and myself to become members. 

Quote from: Shayne on October 25, 2007, 08:37:12 PMI'm still keeping the website running, though I won't say maintained it because I will be the first to admit I don't give it the attention it needs and deserves.  I sold my Clipper well over 2 years ago.  While I still miss my Clipper, and still hold some interest, to say my heart is still in it would be an overstatement.  I do it because it needs to be done and so far I'm the one willing to at least keep it running.  My apologies for not staying right on top of everything. If another member would like to volunteer to help maintain the site, please let me know.

More excuses.  The leadership should be aware of your status as a webmaster and asked if you remain committed to the task, or, you should have asked to be replaced if you can't/won't dedicate the time and effort required.  I'll volunteer to maintain the site but only if the job comes with the benefit of free membership as long as I hold the position 'cause after this, I'm not mailing in the membership application!

Now you know what we want to hear.  We want to know if this is a waste of time and money.

brown wheels

Dear Cenote,

Rest assured that the Evergreen Clippers are still alive and kicking;  we just had our last campout of the year at a member's farm at Forks.  Since some are always otherwise occupied and others are headed south for the winter, we had a small turnout, five couples, but we had a great time with memberss of the Evergreen Clippers, an extended family.  You can contact me at 206-525-7166 for more information.  Tad Bigelow